JellyPages.com

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fit Tip Thursday's

OK so I'm [Barb] in this Biggest Loser Contest with some old friends from Spokane. Congrats to me I lost 2 lbs the first week!! I decided to think of one small change each week to help with my weight loss. If you do too much at once it can often be discouraging and not enjoyable. I think the contest is for 10 weeks. So that's 10 tips/changes I need to make. I decided I would blog about them just in case you get inspired to make some healthy changes in your life.

Week #1 Tip - Drink More Water
ICK!! How many times have you heard that? I hate drinking water!! I would much rather drink...well anything besides water. This week I found a way that keeps me guzzling 72+ ounces a day. MINT. That's right, I add a sprig of mint to my water and it is so cool and refreshing it keeps me wanting more, more, more. Herb at the grocery store can be expensive and Spring has sprung almost all around the country, so...go to your local nursery and buy yourself a mint plant. **tip** you should plant it in it's own pot/barrel. Mint will take over your flower bed, garden, and yard if you don't keep it contained. Trim a piece off each day & add your your water, the mint flavor will last all day long, I even used the same piece 2 days in a row. For a twist on this yummy hint of flavor try adding cucumber, strawberry, or citrus to your water - or any combination of them all. Delicious! Your body will thank you.


2 comments:

  1. Barb, I LOVE THIS! It's a great idea to make one simple change a week and let them build on one another. Thank you for sharing your ideas here. The mint in water is a great idea .. cucumber, too. Mmm, it's wonderful. I'm going to have mint with my water tomorrow morning. And I'm also going to get a barrel. :) Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really been working on my water intake for the last month, and I find it has helped me a lot to (a) have a "favorite water cup" and (b) to keep it full. If it's in front of me, I will drink it. Good luck with your efforts!

    ReplyDelete