JellyPages.com

Friday, April 22, 2011

Fit Tip Thursday's

Oops, we're a day late this week. We were traveling this week so that's our excuse. I promise this tip is worth the wait!

Week #2 Tip - MILK DOES A BODY GOOD!
It's so true! We love milk at the Hendricks house. As a matter of fact we're sitting here enjoying our morning milk as we (Gavin & Mommy) play on our computers. Gavin's washing his milk down with a few Cheerios as well. Milk is one of the best muscle foods on the planet, it's true! You can read lots of articles about it, but take our word for it. Add a glass of milk to your diet each day; it's really great to down a small glass of skim milk after a work out. Not a fan of milk? It's okay lots of people aren't. Try chocolate milk, it adds a few more calories - but it can be a fun sweet treat after a hard work out or long day. And if it gets you drinking milk, just do it! Or if you want a real frosty treat, try a protein shake: peanut butter, banana, and chocolate all in a delicious sip....mmmm!

1 comment:

  1. Barb, I'm really liking these health tip posts. They're fun and encouraging reminders. I can tell it's something you feel connected to because your writing is really good in these. It's positive, direct and active. Anyway, I've been reading your blog all along, but I'm behind on comments. So, I thought I'd get caught up a bit today. :)

    Milk. You know, I do a fair amount of dairy -- cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, cheese, and a generous amount of milk in my morning coffee. But it's been a long time since I've had an actual glass of milk.

    Also, just curious if you've tried almond milk. It's really high in calcium (which I heard you need a lot of, especially if you decide to make G a sibling). My sister-in-law introduced me to it in March. It has a few extra calories, but that high calcium is the payoff. There are a few kinds, and I liked the taste of some much better than others. (She had three kinds. So, I actually got to do a taste test!)

    Thanks for the health tip. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete